Independent Living Services
thru: Regional Center for Independent Living
• Offers an employment program to help people with disabilities increase their employability.
• Offers benefits advisement by providing information and advocacy while navigating government health and human service systems.
• Offers healthcare advocacy by providing information and assistance with regard to Medicaid, Medicare, Medicaid Managed Care, and Medicaid Funded Services.
• Works in conjunction with NY Connects in Monroe, Ontario, Yates, and Wayne County, to inform, assist, and advocate for individuals, caregivers, and family members, seeking community-based long-term services and supports.
• Provides housing advocacy by offering information and advocacy on affordable and/or subsidized housing, rental listings, accessibility, home renovations, and home ownership.
• Offers peer support groups and services for persons with disabilities.
• Provides referrals for equipment loan.
• Provides education, assistance to and advocacy for disabled persons wishing to vote.
• Provides independent living skills to assist with daily living activities, such as; money and medication management, nutrition, legal rights, socialization, and mobility.
• Provides community outreach and education through workshops, classes and other activities to promote awareness of needs of persons with disabilities, and understanding of independent living.
Eligibility: All disabilities. Self-disclosure of disability is required.
Application Process: Call, email, or walk in.
Required Documentation: Call for information.
Coverage Note: Monroe, Livingston, Ontario, Wayne, and Yates counties.
Languages: Spanish, American Sign Language
This program is offered here:
Rochester NY 14608