Please click here
EmPower New York
- Install high efficiency lighting as needed
- Review and adjust your thermostat setting for maximum comfort and savings
- Check and adjust your hot water temperature
- Evaluate the need for high efficiency shower heads and aerators, and install if needed
- Measure the energy use of your refrigerators and freezers. These may be replaced with new ENERGY STAR models, at no cost to you, if your old appliances use a lot of energy
- Check for carbon monoxide and evaluate the need for CO and smoke detectors
Eligibility: Must meet income guidelines and be a electric or natural gas customer of Central Hudson, Con Edison, National Grid, NYSEG, Orange and Rockland or Rochester gas and electric. Be the responsible party for the utility bill.
Application Process: Call or visit website for application and information.
Required Documentation: Call for required documentation.
Fees: No fee for service.
New York State.
New York State Energy Research and Development Authority provides energy efficient services for low income qualified households.
17 Columbia Circle
Albany NY 12203
Hours: M-F 8:30AM-5:00PM