Crime Prevention and Victim Services
- Funds direct services to crime victims via a network of community-based programs
- Advocates for the rights and benefits of all innocent crime victims
- Medical and funeral expenses
- Loss of earnings or support
- Funding for counseling for the victim and certain family members
- Crime scene clean-up
- Repair/Replacement of essential personal property up to $500
- Court transportation expenses
- Other expenses: call for information or visit website
Eligibility: Call for information.
Application Process: Call for appointment.
Required Documentation: Call for information.
Fees: No fee for service.
Coverage Note: New York State and victims of terrorist acts outside of the U.S. who are residents of New York State.
Languages: Sign language. Spanish.
This program is offered at this site:
AE Smith Building
Albany NY 12210
New York State Office of Victim Services provides compensation for out-of-pocket expenses such as unreimbursed crime related medical expenses, loss of earning & essential personal property, burial benefits, loss of support to dependents of homicide victims, provides emergency awards, court transportation costs & referrals.
Hours: M-F 9:00AM-5:00PM
Please click here