Mediation and Civil Legal Services
thru: Center for Dispute Settlement
- Divorce mediation and Arbitration
- Child custody and visitation
- Community mediation for quality of life issues, e.g. neighbor disputes, small claims, contractor, homeowner, landlord/tenant
- Restorative justice
- Special education mediation
- Vehicle lemon law
- Commercial arbitration
- Training - Conflict resolution, employee disputes, peer mediation for schools
Eligibility: Anyone who has a conflict, or dispute. Willingness to participate in a confidential conversation process facilitated by professionally trained impartial mediator. Anyone interested in receiving training in dispute resolution, team building, mediation.
Application Process: Call office to set up consultation session. Referrals through courts, police, community agencies or self-referral.
Required Documentation: Call for information.
Fees: If any, nominal fees. Sliding scale based on income. Third Party Insurance.
Coverage Note: Monroe, Cayuga, Livingston, Ontario, Seneca, Steuben, Wayne and Yates Counties.
Cultural Competency: Cultural competency, diversity, equity, and inclusion training for staff
Languages: Spanish- Staff provides in-person interpreter, Language line
This program is offered here:
Center for Dispute Settlement - Monroe County
Reynolds Arcade Building, Suite 800
Rochester NY 14614
SA-SU and evenings by appointment only.