provided by Legal Assistance of Western New York, Inc. - Rochester Office
- Housing Issues such as:
- Terminations from Rochester Public Housing,Section 8
- Subsidized housing issues
- Landlord problems
- Discrimination in renting
- Accommodation of disabled individuals (e.g.,ramp or therapeutic animal)
- Employment Rights and Rights of Persons with Criminal Records including:
- Employment Discrimination
- Employment Clearance for Background Checks by Public Agencies
- Certificates of Relief from Disability/Certificates of Good Conduct
- Public Benefits denials based on Criminal Record (“Fleeing Felon” and UIB Misconduct)
- Employment Discrimination based on Criminal Record (Re-entry issues)
- Public Benefits Assistance for Denials, Sanctions, or Discountenances of:
- Public Assistance
- Food Stamps
- Medical Assistance
- Child Care benefits
- Non Dependent Grantee
- Emergency Placements
- Representation at Fair Hearings
- Seniors Legal Services Project offers civil legal problems faced by individuals sixty years of age and older including:
- Power of Attorney/ Advanced Care Directives
- Healthcare issues (including Medicare and Medicaid)
- Rights of Nursing Home and Adult Home Residents
- Social Security Overpayments
- Public Benefits
- Wills, Deeds
- Civil legal services for individuals with Cancer and their families
- Civil legal services for individuals with HIV/AIDS and their families
- Civil legal services for victims of crime
Eligibility: Under 200% FPIG for most programs. Fair Housing, Health and our Seniors Legal Services Project have expanded eligibility guidelines.
Application Process: Call or apply online to start the intake process.
Required Documentation: For most cases, only office forms are required for review and signature. Some programs may require additional documentation for eligibility. All individuals should expect to provide documentation relating to their legal issue if it is available.
Fees: No fee for service.
Coverage Note: Monroe, Yates, Steuben, Schuyler, Chemung, Tompkins, Tioga, Cattaraugus, Allegany and Chautauqua counties.
Languages: Spanish -
Rochester NY 14614