Compeer Rochester, Inc.
provided by Compeer Rochester, Inc.
- Individual training provided before matches are made.
- Ongoing, post-match trainings offered.
- Pre-match and post-match support provided by Volunteer Coordinators.
- Volunteer-client activities include friendly visits, social and cultural experiences, and special events.
- Skill building and goal management for youth and adults experiencing mental health challenges
- Group outings for Veterans in an attempt to create the community and the camaraderie they experienced during their time in the military.
- Will help veterans with rides to the polls for 2020 election.
- Telephone or e-mail support for referred clients waiting to be matched with volunteers.
* Provides Youth Peer Mentoring
- Youth Peer Advocate (YPA) services offer positive youth development-centered services for young people ages 16-24 with a resiliency and recovery focus.
- YPA services are designed to support participants in the restoration and expansion of the skills and strategies necessary to move forward in meeting their personal, individualized life goals and to support their transitioning into adulthood.
- YPA services are planned to assist participants with identifying and enhancing their strengths, supports (community and natural) and teach self-advocacy skills.
- Youth currently enrolled in Compeer services and who meet age and eligibility criteria are able to participate in this service.
Eligibility: Volunteers: 18+
Youth: 5-21, must be referred by a mental health professional.
Adult: Clients: 21+, must be referred by a mental health professional
All Veterans are eligible for CompeerCORPS program, mental health diagnosis not required; self-referral encouraged.
Application Process: Volunteer: Call for information. Clients: Referrals made through a mental health provider.
Required Documentation: None.
Coverage Note: Monroe County.
Languages: Spanish -
Rochester NY 14607
TU, W, TH 9:00AM-5:00PM, evening hours to 7:00PM by appointment.