Seneca County Transportation Initiative
thru: Seneca County Division of Human Services
- Car loan through a local bank without discrimination toward traditional qualifying criteria.
- Consumer education pertaining to related expenses.
- Case management services during the term of the loan or longer.
- Assistance obtaining a driver's license.
- Assistance obtaining other relevant services.
Eligibility: Families receiving TANF, have one or more children at home or are a verifiable custodial parent. Must complete a 6 hour Defensive Driving course. Must reside in Seneca county, 19 years or older, working at least 30 hours a week.
Application Process: Call for information.
Required Documentation: Call for information.
Fees: Loan repayment amount based on work with Program Coordinator and family income specifics. Defensive Driving course: paid for by the program, plus there is a 10% auto insurance discount for three years.
Coverage Note: Seneca County.
Cultural Competency: Signage and advertising for diverse populations, Cultural competency, diversity, equity, and inclusion training for staff
Languages: - Language line
This program is offered here:
Waterloo NY 13165