National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence-Rochester Area (NCADD-RA)
• Provide community education and awareness presentations on a variety of addiction-related topics tailored to requesting school or community groups. NCADD-RA also provides a wide array of training opportunities for professionals in the addictions, education, and health and human services community.
• Offers an Addictions Counselor Credentials Training program (ACCT) - 16 month program.
• Offers a Hispanic Prevention Education Program/HPEP for youth and adults using the program Too Good For Drugs, and Girl’s Circle discussion groups. Offers the Triple P (Positive Parenting Program) parent discussion groups. Programs offered in Spanish/English
•Offers the Total Approach Family program that provides on-going series, six sessions each for families and others affected by the substance use of a loved one, using LifeSkills Training, Triple P program, parent discussion groups, TAFP groups focus on co-dependency as a primary illness and breking the cycle of addiction.
• Offers Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) professional education and community awareness presentations on FASD, informal, resources and referral and parent networking and support group. NCADD-RA is the NOFAS affiliate of Upstate New York.
• Provides education and resources on community coalition development through the Finger Lakes Prevention Resource Center.
Eligibility: Family programs: ages 5 years and up. Addictions counselor training: Application/Interview process, required high school diploma or GED. Hispanic Prevention Program: ages 5 years and up. Problem Gambling Prevention Program: ages 5 years and up. Professional and Community Education: youth and adults.
Application Process: Call for information.
Required Documentation: Call for information.
Fees: Call for information.
Coverage Note: All programs Monroe County. Finger Lakes Prevention Resource Center: Monroe, Wayne, Seneca, Ontario, Livingston, Yates, Steuben, Schuyler, Chemung, Tioga, Broome, and Tompkins Counties.
Cultural Competency: Signage and advertising for diverse populations, Cultural competency, diversity, equity, and inclusion training for staff, Staff reflects population served
Languages: Spanish- Staff provides service in language offered, Materials/literature in language indicated, Website can be translated
This program is offered here:
Rochester NY 14624