Vision Rehabilitation Services
- Low Vision Evaluations - specialized lenses, visual aids, magnifiers.
- Optical Shop – full service store, frames, magnifiers, lighting
- InSight Shop – full service non-optical store, offering adaptive devices, visual aids, talking watches & clocks, cooking aids, large print items and adapted toys for sale.
- Vision Rehabilitation/adaptive skills training for activities of daily living.
- Orientation and mobility travel training.
- Social work/case management services.
- Support groups available – call for information.
* Offers Adaptive Technology services – to support vocational/educational goals – adaptations for computers, specialized software and hardware by referral of a New York State Commission for the Blind vocational rehabilitation counselor.
* TechBridge – a grant funded program focused on iOS device training, for personal or work related activities.
* Provides children's services that include:
- Monthly recreation programs for children who are legally blind and their families.
- Parent support/education group/Family Resource Center.
* Provides community education and outreach services.
Eligibility: Visual impairment or legal blindness.
Vocational/employment services: For individuals who are legally blind, ages 14 and up, by referral of a New York State Commission for the Blind vocational rehabilitation counselor.
Application Process: Call for information.
Required Documentation: None.
Fees: Call for information. Based on eligibility or fees for service. Most 3rd party insurances are accepted for low vision evaluations, including Medicare. Reduced fee policy is available based on eligibility. New York State Commission for the Blind contracted services.
Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Seneca , Steuben, Wayne, and Yates Counties. Other counties per request of individual seeking service.
422/500 S Clinton Avenue
Rochester NY 14620