Prevention Services and Mental Health First Aid
- On-site in school counseling services for youth including:
- Assessments, referrals, individual and group counseling
- Age appropriate drug abuse prevention curricula
- Model violence prevention program
- Anti-bullying prevention programs that are designed to address bullying at the elementary school level, including social media and other concerns
* Provides Mental Health First Aid Services designed to teach adults and adolescents how to help an adolescent who is experiencing a mental health or addictions challenge or is in crisis.
- 8 Hour long course
- Hand-on activities and practice
- ALGEE, the 5-step action plan
- Overview of local mental health resources, support groups and other help
Eligibility: Prevention education: Kindergarten-12th graders age 5 to 21 years. Mental Health First Aid Services participants age 18 years and older. Call for information.
Application Process: Call for information.
Required Documentation: Call for information.
Fees: Prevention counseling: By contract with School District. Prevention education: on a per classroom or program basis. Call for information on training and professional development workshops.
Monroe and Wayne Counties.
835 W Main Street
Rochester NY 14611
Hours of host school
Training and professional development available by appointment