* Distributes donated and purchased food and other items to member charitable organizations serving the needy, children, seniors, and ill.
* Offers Backpack program - provides children in need with bags of nutritious food they can take home and prepare on their own.
* Provides Food Safety Training.
* Provides Nutrition Education - classes to individuals and families throughout service area
* Offers Hunger Prevention and Nutrition Assistance Program (HPNAP) contractor.
* Advocates for hunger issues.
* Offers employment assistance - Work Experience Program through the Department of Social Services. Work Release Program though the Monroe County Prison System.
* Offers Foodlink Career Fellowship - A year long culinary training program with the goal of securing a middle skills job.
* Coordinates fundraising events.
* Creates publications, newsletters and brochures.
* Member of Feeding America.
* Member of the Emergency Services and Family Stabilization Network.
Eligibility: Member agency must be a Foodlink member agency, a direct provider of food to the ill, children, and/or needy, 501(c)3 organization, open to the public.
Application Process: Detailed requirements, application and approval process for food bank membership listed on website or contact agency services department.
Required Documentation: Call for information.
Fees: Call for information. Donations of money welcome.
Monroe, Allegany, Genesee, Livingston, Ontario, Orleans, Seneca, Wayne, Wyoming and Yates Counties.
1999 Mount Read Boulevard
Rochester NY 14615