Independent Living Services
* Offers an employment program to help people with disabilities increase their employability.
* Offers benefits advisement by providing information and advocacy while navigating government health and human service systems.
* Offers healthcare advocacy by providing information and assistance with regard to Medicaid, Medicare, Medicaid Managed Care, and private health insurance plans.
* Works in conjunction with NY Connects in Monroe, Ontario, Yates, and Wayne County, to inform, assist, and advocate for individuals, caregivers, and family members, seeking community-based long-term services and supports.
* Provides housing advocacy by offering information and advocacy on subsidized housing, rental listings, accessibility, home renovations, and home ownership.
* Offers support groups and services for persons with disabilities.
* Provides referrals for equipment loan..
* Provides education, assistance to and advocacy for disabled persons wishing to vote.
* Provides independent living skills to assist with daily living activities, such as; money and medication management, nutrition, legal rights, socialization, and mobility.
* Provides community outreach and education through workshops, classes and other activities to promote awareness of needs of persons with disabilities, and understanding of independent living.
Eligibility: All disabilities. Self-disclosure of disability is required.
Application Process: Call, email, or walk in.
Required Documentation: Call for information.
Coverage Note: Monroe, Livingston, Ontario, Wayne, and Yates counties.
Languages: Spanish, Sign language.
This program is offered at this site:
Rochester NY 14608
RCIL is located on a bus route.
Regional Center for Independent Living provides individuals with disabilities with information and assistance for housing, transportation, home care, securing benefits, and other services. RCIL advocates for the full integration, independence, and civil rights of people with disabilities and serves Monroe, Ontario, Wayne, Yates, and Livingston counties.
Rochester NY 14608
Hours: M-F 9:00AM-5:00PM
Please click here