Search All Resources

Privacy Exit X

Housing & Consumer Law Unit


* The attorneys and advocates of the Housing and Consumer Law Unit at the Legal Aid Society of Rochester assist clients with a variety of legal matters, including:
  • Assistance with Surrogate Courts Forms
  • Bankruptcy
  • Consumer Credit
  • Deeds in Lieu of Foreclosure
  • Eviction
  • Foreclosure Prevention
  • Loan modifications
  • Real Estate Transactions (Wills, Estates, Advanced Directives (Power of Attorney, Healthcare Proxy)

Cultural Competency BadgeCultural Competency

Language Access BadgeLanguage Access

Eligibility: Resident of Monroe County. Some services are available to residents of surrounding counties. Please, call for information.

Application Process: Call for information.

Required Documentation: Call for information.

Fees: Call for information.

Coverage Note: Monroe County.

Cultural Competency: Signage and advertising for diverse populations, Cultural competency, diversity, equity, and inclusion training for staff, Staff reflects population served

Languages: Staff provides service in language offered, Language line, Materials/literature in language indicated, Website can be translated

This program is offered at this site:

Map Marker 1 The Legal Aid Society of Rochester, NY

1 West Main Street
Rochester NY 14614
M-TH 8:45AM-5:00PM. F 9:00AM-4:00PM. Other hours by appointment only.

Get directions


Mark Muoio, ESQ
Program Director, Housing Unit

Map Marker Agency

The Legal Aid Society of Rochester, NY

The Legal Aid Society of Rochester provides direct civil legal services, including lay advocacy and related human services, to adults and children. They ensure that those who seek justice have an opportunity to receive a fair and full hearing. They obtain legal solutions that have a beneficial impact on our clients and the community.

1 West Main Street
Rochester NY 14614

Hours: M-TH 8:45AM-5:00PM
F 9:00AM-4:00PM
Other hours by appointment only

Is this your agency?
Please click here

Is this information not accurate?