Home Energy Assistance Program/HEAP
- Regular benefit: assists low income individuals with the cost of heating their home. Regular HEAP applications: Open November.
- Emergency benefit: assists low income individuals who are facing a heat or heat related energy emergency. Open January.
- Heating equipment repair or replacement: assists low income homeowners repair/replace their furnace. Heating Equipment Repair or Replacement applications: Open November.
- Heating Equipment Tune-Up: provides equipment inspections and cleanings prior to the start of the heating season. Heating Equipment Tune-Up Component Applications: Open November.
- Cooling Assistance: provides cooling assistance service to HEAP eligible households that include an individual with a documented medical condition that is exacerbated by heat. Cooling Assistance Applications: Open May.
Eligibility: Low income or recipient of Temporary Assistance and/or SNAP benefits. Income guidelines apply. Furnace repair: home must be owner-occupied. For cooling assistance, must qualify for HEAP and also have at least one family member with a medical condition made worse by heat.
Application Process: Regular benefits: By mail, on-line, or over the phone. SNAP recipient households: Call worker for assistance. Temporary assistance households: call worker assigned to household. All other households: Call appointment line. Call for information. Emergency benefits: Must apply over the phone or in person. Must have already received a regular HEAP benefit.
Required Documentation: Speak with a worker for document information.
Fees: No fee for service.
Coverage Note: Seneca County.
Languages: Certified language service.
This program is offered at this site:
Waterloo NY 13165
Seneca County Human Service,s in collaboration with the community, provides access to resources, community programs and benefits for individuals and families throughout Seneca County.
Waterloo NY 13165
Hours: M-F 8:30AM-5:00PM
Please click here