Home Energy Assistance Program/HEAP
provided by Seneca County Division of Human Services
- Regular benefit: assists low income individuals with the cost of heating their home. Regular HEAP applications: Open November.
- Emergency benefit: assists low income individuals who are facing a heat or heat related energy emergency. Open January.
- Heating equipment repair or replacement: assists low income homeowners repair/replace their furnace. Heating Equipment Repair or Replacement applications: Open November.
- Heating Equipment Tune-Up: provides equipment inspections and cleanings prior to the start of the heating season. Heating Equipment Tune-Up Component Applications: Open November.
- Cooling Assistance: provides cooling assistance service to HEAP eligible households that include an individual with a documented medical condition that is exacerbated by heat. Cooling Assistance Applications: Open May.
Eligibility: Low income or recipient of Temporary Assistance and/or SNAP benefits. Income guidelines apply. Furnace repair: home must be owner-occupied. For cooling assistance, must qualify for HEAP and also have at least one family member with a medical condition made worse by heat.
Application Process: Regular benefits: By mail, on-line, or over the phone. SNAP recipient households: Call worker for assistance. Temporary assistance households: call worker assigned to household. All other households: Call appointment line. Call for information. Emergency benefits: Must apply over the phone or in person. Must have already received a regular HEAP benefit.
Required Documentation: Speak with a worker for document information.
Fees: No fee for service.
Coverage Note: Seneca County.
Languages: Certified language service.
Waterloo NY 13165