Home Energy Assistance Program/HEAP
- Regular benefit: assists low income individuals with the cost of heating their home. Regular HEAP applications: Open November 12, 2019.
- Emergency benefit: assists low income individuals who are facing a heat or heat related energy emergency. Open January 2, 2020.
- Heating equipment repair or replacement: assists low income homeowners repair/replace their furnace. Heating Equipment Repair or Replacement applications: Open November 4, 2019.
- Heating Equipment Tune-Up: provides equipment inspections and cleanings prior to the start of the heating season. Heating Equipment Tune-Up Component Applications: Open November 4, 2019.
- Cooling Assistance: provides cooling assistance service to HEAP eligible households that include an individual with a documented medical condition that is exacerbated by heat. Cooling Assistance Applications: Open May 1, 2020.
Eligibility: Low-income or recipient of Temporary Assistance and/or SNAP benefits. Income guidelines apply. Furnace repair: home must be owner-occupied. For cooling assistance, must qualify for HEAP and also have at least one family member with a medical condition exacerbated by heat.
Application Process: Regular benefits: By mail, on-line, or over the phone. SNAP recipient households: Call worker for assistance. If a member of Team 41 then refer to Catholic Family Center. Temporary assistance households: call worker assigned to household. All other households: Call appointment line. Call for information. Emergency benefits: Must apply over the phone or in person. Must have already received a regular HEAP benefit.
Coverage Note: Monroe County.
This program is offered at this site:
Rochester NY 14620
Monroe County Department of Human Services provides income support services, medical assistance and comprehensive services to populations in need.
Rochester NY 14620
Hours: M-F 8:00AM-4:00PM
Please click here